Attorney Annemarie Pantazis is a Board Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist, a distinction held by a select few North Carolina lawyers. She is the author of several publications on workers’ compensation, and frequently teaches continuing legal education classes on the subject.
Ms. Pantazis earned her B.A. from the College of William & Mary in 1994, and her J.D. from Wake Forest University School of Law in 1999, where she was a published member of the Wake Forest Law Review and Chief Justice of the Moot Court Board. After law school, Ms. Pantazis joined a firm defending workers’ compensation and personal injury claims. In 2002, Ms. Pantazis left the defense side to devote her practice to representing those who have suffered work related and other injuries in North Carolina.
Ms. Pantazis is licensed to practice law before all state courts in North Carolina, the United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
Ms. Pantazis currently serves on the Executive Committees of the Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG), which is a nationwide organization of workers’ compensation advocates, and the North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ), which is a statewide organization of trial attorneys. She also served on the NCAJ Board of Governors from 2008-2014.
Ms. Pantazis’ interests include politics, traveling and sports. She was the captain of her college rugby team and earned All-State honors at her position. Ms. Pantazis is still an athlete and sports devotee. She is an avid Carolina Panthers fan, and enjoys yoga, Crossfit, and running.
Professional Honors & Recognitions
- North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation (2005)
- Martindale Hubble AV Peer Review Rating
- Top 100 Attorneys in North Carolina (2015)
- Top 50 Women Attorneys in North Carolina (2015)
- Super Lawyer Recognition in the area of Workers’ Compensation (2014)
- WILG Rising Star Award (2013)
- AVVO Client’s Choice Recognition in Workers’ Compensation and 10.0 Rating
- “Rising Star” by North Carolina Super Lawyers (2009-2013)
- Charlotte Business Journal 40 Under 40 Award (2011)
- “Top Young Lawyer” recognition by Charlotte Magazine
- Best of Charlotte Chamber of Commerce Award
- “Standout Charlottean” Award by Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Ranked #30 Small Business in NC by Business Leader Magazine
- Named Top 300 Small Businesses in the South by Business Leader Magazine
- NC Advocates for Justice Order of Service Award Winner
- National Association of Professional Women Award Winner
- North Carolina State Bar
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ)
- Workers’ Compensation Executive Committee Member
- PAC Committee Member
- Board of Governors (2008-2014)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- North Carolina Bar Association (NCBA)
- Workers’ Compensation Council (2015-2018)
- Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG)
- Executive Committee Member
- Bobbitt Inn of Court
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association (STLA)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Charlotte City Club
- Charlotte Women’s Bar